Looking for unique CBD edibles? Look no further. We found and reviewed a variety of interesting edibles with CBD infused in them. There’s everything from hot sauce to chewing gum.
A Buyer’s Guide To CBD Edibles
The cannabis community has witnessed the rising popularity of CBD products. Among these products, CBD edibles are the shining star. Frequent users report edibles as a great intake option that does not lead to any intoxication. You can ingest the edibles without any dosage administration, making it a quick and easy process.
The wide variety of flavor and convenient form has made it the perfect CBD item to buy in the online marketplace. However, it is a challenging task to navigate the buying process. By taking some time out to do the research, you will feel less overwhelmed.
Continue reading this buying guide to clear the air surrounding CBD edibles so you can make an informed decision.
What Are CBD Edibles?
Cannabidiol or CBD is an active ingredient in marijuana. It is the “non-psychoactive” ingredient that does not have any intoxicating effects. Although CBD oils are still popular, users are turning to edibles as a more enjoyable cannabis form. These edibles are in the form of cannabis-infused food or drink.
The top-selling CBD edibles include gummies, chocolate, and coffee. Unlike other forms, these edibles do not need fire to activate the chemical compounds. They contain different amounts of hemp-extracted cannabidiol. The CBD extracts create a highly therapeutic effect that is perfect for pain management.
How Much Should I Take?
CBD does not have a standard dosage. You can determine the dosage by evaluating your body type or reasons for using CBD. Your previous experience with CBD products also helps in understanding your tolerance level.
It is fairly easy to monitor the dosage since each edible has constant CBD content. If your ideal dosage is 10 mg, you can look for a pack of CBD edibles that contains 10 mg CBD per piece. The CBD effect from each dosage depends on your tolerance level. It can take up to 2 hours to feel the effects of edibles. Once you start to feel it, the effects will last for 2 to 6 hours.
Slow to Act
CBD edibles go through the digestive system before absorption. By the time your body absorbs it, the actual CBD content in your system may be low. Therefore, that is why starters do not feel the desired effect in the first go. Rather than reaching for another edible, take some time to reassess.
Edibles act slowly, but you should not rush it. Start with a small dosage for the first week and work your way up. Experts recommend starting with edibles that contain 10-25 mg CBD per piece. If the effect is unsatisfactory, try munching on fruits like apples. The juices activate the digestive process and encourage quicker absorption.
Do CBD Edibles Taste Good?
One of the reasons users prefer CBD edibles is the flavor. The hemp flavor is not palpable at all. Edibles taste just like the food or drink they are infused in.
CBD gummies taste like regular candy. They are typically available in sweet, mixed fruit flavors. Sugar, glucose syrup, and other natural preservatives are also added to enhance the taste.
Emerging CBD Edibles
Chocolates are popular edibles too. Their decadent flavor and smell have won the hearts of many. From milk chocolate to orange chocolate, you have a variety of flavors at your disposal. You can try protein bars for a healthier alternative. CBD protein bars have the same taste as other protein-rich superfoods.
In addition to chocolates, CBD-infused coffee and tea are also emerging. CBD coffee is usually available in the Arabica variety. The Arabica coffee taste and smell pleasingly overwhelms you. CBD tea includes peppermint and other herbal flavors that produce a calming effect.
These concoctions are just a glimpse of what CBD edibles can taste like. New edible products like CBD cocktails, cakes, and syrups have entered the market as well. The delicious flavor profiles of the different edibles are a good change from the pungent smell of CBD oils.
What To Look For When Choosing CBD Edibles?
It is not easy for starters to differentiate between good quality CBD edibles and negligible ones. Several brands advertise their CBD product as the best ones in the market. So how do you tell if their edibles are any good?
Learn more about the essential information that determines the worth of a CBD product. Here is a list of things to look out for when buying CBD edibles.
It is important for users to know how the edibles are made before buying it. CBD edibles can come from three types of CBD forms – isolate, broad-spectrum, and full spectrum. The three types differ on the parameter of how the CBD plant was processed.
Let’s take a closer look at how they differ from each other.
- Full Spectrum – Full spectrum products include THC and all cannabinoids that naturally occur in the cannabis plant. The diverse composition improves the “entourage effect” of CBD. This means you reap the full benefits of CBD’s therapeutic properties.
- Broad Spectrum – Broad Spectrum products are almost identical to full-spectrum products. This CBD type includes all of the cannabinoids except THC. You get the benefits of the other cannabis plants without the unwanted psychoactive effects.
- Isolate – CBD isolate products contain only one chemical compound, CBD. CBD isolate is extracted from industrial hemp plants. No other cannabinoids or compounds are present in these products. Without the other compounds, it loses some of its therapeutic properties. So, it cannot provide all the calming benefits.
One thing to remember before buying edibles is to check their ingredients lists. This way, you will feel assured that the product is authentic. The label should clearly mention the mg content of each ingredient.
Look out for CBD oil on the list. CBD oil is the main active ingredient in CBD edibles. Manufacturers extract cannabinoids out of a high CBD plant and heat it in oil or butter. The oil or butter is then used for cooking a variety of CBD edibles. Some common CBD oils are hemp seed, grapeseed, and cannabis Sativa seed oil.
It is best to stay away from any edibles that have excessive artificial ingredients. You should buy edibles made out of natural preservatives or agents.
It is important to check all the ingredient labels to avoid any harmful effects. So, make sure there are no allergens mentioned on the label.
Potency determines what kind of effect you will get from the product. You will want to check the CBD concentration. On the list, look for milligrams per gram (mg/g) CBD oil label. This tells you the CBD concentration per serving. For CBD infused liquids, this will be expressed milligrams per milliliter (mg/ml).
Full-spectrum CBD edibles are stronger than isolate and broad-spectrum. The full spectrum and broad spectrum vary in their CBD-THC ratio. Higher CBD concentration is preferred for a less intoxicating effect. It is recommended that beginners start with a dosage of 1-5 milligrams of THC.
CBD Product Certification
Transparency is important for establishing the authenticity of CBD edibles. This means providing lab results to verify CBD quality and potency. That is why lab testing by an impartial third party is crucial.
The FDA does not regulate the production of CBD edibles. As a result, the standard of production and manufacturing vary from company to company. In-house testing will not be effective in giving you an unbiased result. Third-party agents test the products in accredited laboratories with proper equipment. Their insights tell you whether you are getting what you were advertised.
Certificate of Analysis or COA is a certificate issued by a third party. For CBD products, this certificate will include details about the total cannabinoid content, terpenes, and other compounds.
Information About The Extraction Method
Extraction methods indicate if there are any contaminants in the edibles. There are mainly three ways to extract CBD from hemp.
- CO2 Extraction – This is the most expensive extraction method. Supercooled CO2 is used to extract the oil from the plant. It produces high-quality CBD extraction with zero contaminants.
- Olive Oil Extraction – This extracted method uses olive oil to extract CBD. You heat hemp matter with olive oil. This extracts CBD directly into the oil. You will find CBD olive oil as a common ingredient in CBD edibles.
- Solvent Extraction – This extraction method uses a solvent to extract CBD from the plant matter. Solvent extraction tends to leave leftover solvent that may get added to the edibles.
What Are The Benefits Of CBD Edibles?
CBD edibles have a significant advantage over smoking and other CBD forms. They provide multiple benefits to the body and mind. Let’s take a look at how you can benefit from consuming CBD in an edible form.
- Pre-set Dosage – Edible packages include information about the CBD content per serving. Each serving will have the same CBD content. You can easily administer your dosage for the day.
- Convenient – You do not need instructions for ingesting edibles. It is as easy as popping them in your mouth like candy. They are easy to carry around. So you can have them at your convenience.
- Discreet – CBD oils have a pungent smell. The smell is unappealing and attracts a lot of attention. On the other hand, edibles actually taste and smell delicious. So you can consume CBD in public places without anyone ever knowing.
- Long-lasting effect – CBD edibles are broken down with other food items in the digestive system. As a result, CBD is released gradually over a period of time. So, the overall effects last longer.
- No lung problem – When you smoke CBD, your lungs start to suffer from irritation. Edibles do not require smoking or vaping. So there is a lesser chance of lung irritation.
- Medical Benefits – The therapeutic properties of edibles are said to help with pain management. The prolonged effect can also improve the user’s sleeping habits. If you are looking to calm your body and mind, edibles are a great thing to try.
The CBD edibles phenomenon has gained a lot of momentum in the cannabis market. They never fail to surprise you with their decadent flavors and medicinal benefits. However, you should only buy these products after doing your research.
Reputable CBD sellers will be open about their sources and ingredients. You should look out for any red flags like websites claiming to sell “free” CBD products. These scammers try to charge you for a subscription that is impossible to cancel.